Tenvir EM Tablet (Tenofovir 300mg Emtricitabine 200mg)
- • Each Film Coated tablet contains
- • Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate IP…..300mg
- • Emtricitabine IP……………………………200mg
Tenvir-EM is indicated in combination with other antiretroviral agents (such as non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors or protease inhibitors) for the treatment of Human Immuno Deficiency virus (HIV-1) infection in adults, children, and infants aged above 4 months. It may also be used in very limited cases of long-term infections of liver caused by hepatitis B virus.
How it Works?
Emtricitabine belongs to class of medication called antiretroviral medicines. It works by inhibiting the enzyme needed for DNA synthesis (nucleoside reverse transcriptase) thereby lowering the growth and decrease the amount of HIV in body.
Tenvir-EM is contraindicated in patients with previously demonstrated hypersensitivity to any of the components of the product.
Common side effects
Hyperglycemia, Abnormal dreams, Nausea, Increased liver enzyme, Swelling of eyes and lips., Abdominal pain, Dyspepsia, Vomiting, Insomnia, Very common: headache, Itching and rash, Hypertriglyceridemia, Diarrhea, Increased creatine kinase.common: neutropenia, Allergic reaction, Dizziness, Weakness and pain.uncommon: anemia
Myopathy ; kidney problems., Low potassium levels, Lactic acidosis ; liver problems, Increased liver enzymes, Pancreatitis ; muscle weakness; increased creatinine levels, Urge to vomit, Angioedema ; bone pain and fractures, Low blood phosphate level, Dizziness; loose motions, Vomiting; skin rashes, Weakness
- • Do not take emtricitabine capsule/oral solution, if you are allergic to emtricitabine or any other ingredient of capsule/oral solution.
- • Stop taking emtricitabine, if you suffer from deep or rapid breathing, drowsiness, nausea (urge to vomit), vomiting and stomach pain.
- • Do not take emtricitabine, if you have kidney or liver problems; if you are overweight or have diabetes, high cholesterol.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS