What is this drug used for?
• It is used to treat high parathyroid hormone levels in certain patients.
• It is used to treat high calcium levels in patients with parathyroid disease.
Frequently reported side effects of this drug
• Abdominal pain
• Back pain
• Common cold symptoms
• Lack of appetite
Other side effects of this drug: Talk with your doctor right away if you have any of these signs of:
• Low calcium like muscle cramps or spasms, numbness and tingling, or seizures.
• Electrolyte problems like mood changes, confusion, muscle pain or weakness, abnormal heartbeat, seizures, lack of appetite, or severe nausea or vomiting.
• Dehydration like dry skin, dry mouth, dry eyes, increased thirst, fast heartbeat, dizziness, fast breathing, or confusion.
• Heart problems like cough or shortness of breath that is new or worse, swelling of the ankles or legs, abnormal heartbeat, weight gain of more than five pounds in 24 hours, dizziness, or passing out.
• Bowel bleeding like black, tarry, or bloody stools; vomiting blood; severe abdominal pain; severe nausea; or vomiting.
• Chest pain
• Joint pain
• Severe headache
• Severe dizziness
• Passing out
• Vision changes
• Bone pain
• Severe loss of strength and energy
• Signs of a significant reaction like wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; seizures; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Note: This is not a comprehensive list of all side effects. Talk to your doctor if you have questions.
(sin a KAL cet)
Generic Availability: US
Storage and Stability
Store at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted to 15°C to 30°C (59°F to 86°F).
Cardiovascular: Hypertension, hypotension
Endocrine & metabolic: Hyperkalemia, hypocalcemia, hypoparathyroidism (intact parathyroid hormone)
Gastrointestinal: Abdominal pain, anorexia, constipation, decreased appetite, diarrhea, dyspepsia, nausea, upper abdominal pain, vomiting
Hematologic & oncologic: Upper gastrointestinal hemorrhage
Hypersensitivity: Hypersensitivity reaction
Nervous system: Dizziness, headache, noncardiac chest pain, seizure
Neuromuscular & skeletal: Asthenia, back pain, muscle spasm, myalgia
Respiratory: Cough, dyspnea, upper respiratory tract infection
Rare, postmarketing, and/or case reports: Adynamic bone disease, angioedema, calcium pyrophosphate deposition disease, cardiac arrhythmia, cardiac failure, gastrointestinal hemorrhage, prolonged QT interval on ECG (secondary to hypocalcemia), skin rash, urticaria, ventricular arrhythmia (secondary to hypocalcemia)